We work together, one business, one aim – to be the best. Let’s take the lead.
Competitive salary plus benefits including 50% off car, home and pet insurance, 22 days holiday a year (plus 8 bank holidays) and free travel & breakdown insurance.
What being a Legal Assistant involves
As a Legal Assistant you will be handling a caseload of non-injury litigated and non-litigated Claimant RTA matters. To represent DLG Legal Services in the conduct of client matters in providing legal advice and assistance in a professional manner, in accordance with internal procedures and acting as an ambassador to the organisation.
- To manage a client’s claim by continually using the firm’s technical process and accurately documenting each activity that has taken place and ensuring time is recorded accurately.
- To ensure clients are provided the correct legal advice. Where appropriate, managing clients’ expectations, explaining decisions and the steps in the claims process clearly and succinctly, and ensuring clients are treated fairly at all times.
- To identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to the role, in line with the relevant risk framework and in compliance with all DLG Legal Services policies and procedures and the SRA Code of Conduct at all times.
- To manage all client work allocated in accordance with the detailed procedures and quality standards contained in the firm’s manual and client protocol.
- To manage cases efficiently and effectively. Making sure that client work is progressed efficiently to meet departmental targets and Service Level Agreements and the client is kept proactively informed where appropriate.
- Agreed levels of time recording must be achieved. Incoming post should be reviewed daily and responded to promptly.
- To identify and appropriately investigate all conflicts, complaints and potential acts of negligence and ensure they are reported immediately to a team leader or member of the compliance team.
- To identify the most effective means of communication and use clear and plain explanations and terms with a friendly, empathetic and reassuring attitude.
- Demonstrate a highly professional manner and reflect the brand image and customer ethos of DLG Legal Services.
- To work together with colleagues to build relationships with other departments and suppliers.
- To support the strategic development of the department and firm by developing best practice and the client experience through continuous improvement initiatives.
Qualities you’ll need
- Legal qualification or relevant experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to learn
- Understanding of road traffic liability in claims is desirable but not essential
Working hours: Monday - Friday, 9am – 5pm